MZ etz 250 rear brake switch

Forums Technical Two Stroke: Help needed MZ etz 250 rear brake switch

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi members
      I have recently bought a 1987 MZ etz 250 with disc front brake & drum rear, the problem is it has no brake switch for the rear brake..
      can anyone tell me or send me a picture of where it should be fitted??
      It has not got anything fitted on the drum so I presume it will be just a standed pull switch but where do I fit it!..
      Any help or pics would be welcomed. .
      Bullnose

Richard Smith
      Participant

Hi,I have 1987 ETZ300,the rear brakelight switch on mine is a tubular type and is fitted on a fork on the rear of the battery box.A long wire and spring is connected to a small lug on the brake pedal pivot.Mine also has a conection on the rear hub,but has a plug in it,and this is how it was when I bought it.
      If yours doesn’t have any of these,I have seen other MZs at rallies that have the rear stoplight switch on the left side swinging arm on a bracket close to the rear brake cross shaft,with a spring connecting it to the arm of the cross shaft.
      Hope you find this helpful. Terry.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi Terry
        Many thanks for your reply which I found very helpful, I now know where to fit the brake switch thanks to you!..
        Only just recently joined the MZ riders club but already found it and it’s members very helpful.
        Many thanks
        Bullnose

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.